Contract Administrator (Part Time)
Elephant Artist Relief Society (EAR) is a registered charity which provides practical resources to Calgary’s professional visual artists in order to help sustain their well-being and livelihood, contributing to a vibrant cultural community. We also host professional conferences such as the bi-annual Umbrella Visual Arts Conference and the VAA workshops.
Elephant Artist Relief Society supports and embraces equity and diversity as part of our core values.
We are funded for general operations and special projects through grants from Alberta Foundation for the Arts and Calgary Arts Development. Our emergency relief funds for artists come almost exclusively from donations through fundraisers and private donations.
We are looking for a part-time Contract Administrator to focus on grant applications, communications, fundraising and events in coordination with the EAR board, the web manager, accountant, SCIP interns and volunteers.
The Contract Administrator position will be paid a base amount of $500 per month for 5 work hours per week, or 20 hours per month, at a rate of $25 per hour. When work load demands, extra hours are to be paid for, or time taken off in lieu. Times when extra hours may be needed include: grant writing deadlines, administrative support to programs, AGM, board development, sessions and Rebound Fund support. These additional hours to be negotiated in advance with the
President and Treasurer.
Core Skills & Assets:
• A generosity of spirit that values artists and creative production.
• An understanding and support of EAR’s Mandate to support artists.
• Experience with grant writing and arts fundraising events.
• Experience with not for profit boards and/or administration
• Organization and scheduling skills.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• The candidate will need their own computer, workspace and the ability to manage their
• Volunteer experience.
• An understanding of the Calgary Artist Run Culture
• High School Diploma.
• Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
• Researching, applying for and report filing for grants and other funding opportunities
• Planning and carrying out fundraising and conference events in collaboration with the Board and Interns.
• Compiling options for future grants: developing text and designing projects
• Setting up board meetings: Input for agenda, venue and notices
• Planning and Managing AGM with Board
• Participating in Board Development Meetings and assisting with planning and managing
• Contributing to EAR’s communications and promotions, managing email, coordinating with website manager
• Administrative support to programs: budget, contracts, cheque delivery, overview, reporting
• General correspondence invitations and thank you notes in collaboration with President.
• Record Keeping – maintaining EAR files, written agreements, grants and contracts
• Assisting with Budgets, financial reports and invoices
• Processing memberships and keeping membership records
• Processing donations and keeping donation records
• Writing, distributing and collating surveys
• Offering insight and guidance to board
Any other duties must be negotiated and agreed to by both parties as additions to this Job description likewise the above duties may be altered or reduced by mutual agreement.
Reporting and Results:
The Contract Administrator will be expected to communicate regularly with the EAR President, provide the Board with a report at each monthly Board Meeting and will attend regular Board Meetings occurring during the contract term.
The position starts in early to mid November and you must be available for Board Meetings the first Monday of every month at CommunityWise
This is a 6 month contract to be re-evaluated in Spring 2018, with possibility of renewal.
Please email a cover letter describing your interest in this position and a resume by 5:00 pm on October 27, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org